Search and the other Reform websites:



I'm preparing to make aliyah (move to Israel) and was surprised to read that I need to present a "Jewish certificate." I’ve been Jewish my entire life, but I’ve never heard of a certificate that proves it! How do I obtain that?

Your first step should be to approach the organization Nefesh B'Nefesh, which works with the Israeli government and The Jewish Agency for Israel to “remove or minimize the financial, professional, logistical and social obstacles of aliyah and the move to Israel.” They will walk you through the process.

We are adopting a baby boy. We had him circumcised, but must he undergo a conversion ceremony to be Jewish?

Answer By: 
Rabbi Stuart Federow

My husband and I are in the process of adopting an African American baby boy. We had him circumcised by a doctor -- as he was already 2 months old, my husband was concerned about safety. Must he really undergo a conversion ceremony to be Jewish?

Subscribe to RSS - Israel