Today I had the opportunity to attend a briefing at the White House titled “The Importance of the Violence Against Women Act.” The event was introduced by Lynn Rosenthal, the White House Advisor on Violence Against Women (the Obama Administration is the first administration to hire someone in this position), and a panel moderated by award-winning journalist Paula Zahn, which featured:
- The Rev. Dr. Anne Marie Hunter – Director, Safe Havens Interfaith Partnership Against Domestic Violence
- Dave Thomas – Program Administrator, Division of Public Safety Leadership, Johns Hopkins University
- Council Member Devon Boyer – Shoshone-Bannock Tribe
- The Honorable Karen S. Adam – Judge, Arizona Superior Court in Pima County
- Maryland Lt. Governor Anthony Brown
November 27, 2023
We stand with the people of Israel during these difficult and challenging days and pray for the safety and immediate release of all of the hostages. See our resources and actions you can take.