Here’s an easy way to make a toy Hanukkah game for hours.using small milk cartons! Using small milk cartons, glue and paint, kids can enjoy this festive
- Paint and paintbrushes
- Small milk cartons or boxes
- Clean out and fold back tops of milk cartons.
- Mix a little glue with paint and let children paint boxes.
- On each side, draw one each of the following Hebrew letters: nun, gimel, hey, shin. These letters stand for “A great miracle happened there.”
- When paint is dry, poke the pencil through the box from top downward, so point is on the bottom.
- You’re ready to spin!
How to play:
Use pennies, nuts, raisins, oras tokens. A player spins the dreidel, and when it stops, the letter that is facing up decides the outcome:
- Nun: Nothing happens - next player spins the dreidel
- Gimel: Player takes all tokens in the pot '
- Hey: Player takes half of the pot '
- Shin: Player must put one token into the pot