This is a simple menorah even very young children can make and use during the eight day celebration. It's safe, with no real flame, and is a good craft for both the classroom and home.
- Nine wooden craft spoons per menorah
- Paint and brushes or markers
- Knife or sharp scissors (for adult use)
- 12 small plastic cups
- Make flames on nine wooden spoons with yellow and orange markers or paint.
- Cut a 3/4-inch slit on the bottom of nine cups.
- Cut the bottoms from the remaining three cups and stack them for the center candle.
Children can safely "light" the menorah by inserting the correct number of "spoon flames" into the cups, one for each night and one for the helper candle.