Rabbi Daniel Freelander
Parashat Bo, Exodus 10:1-13:16
- God sends the plagues of locusts and darkness upon Egypt and forewarns Moses about the final plague, the death of every Egyptian firstborn. Pharaoh still does not let the Israelites leave Egypt. (10:1–11:10)
- God commands Moses and Aaron regarding the Passover festival. (12:1–27)
- God enacts the final plague, striking down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt except those of the House of Israel. Pharaoh now allows the Israelites to leave. (12:29–42)
- Speaking to Moses and Aaron, God repeats the commandments about Passover. (12:43–13:16)
- Rabbi Freelander speaks of the mitzvah of the Passover seder and explaining to our children that we observe Passover because of what God did for us. Do we perceive that God has acted in our own lives? How would we explain that to a younger generation?
- Rabbi Freelander says, “We write a new Torah every day.” What is the Torah that you write?