Teaching Children about Courage (Ometz Lev)
Scaredy spark Gabi must cross a narrow bridge to play on the beckoning bouncy cloud. During the family campout in a stormy back yard, Mama Plony confronts a clanky robot from outer space. They both learn that “Courage isn’t about not being afraid. It's about doing things even though we’re afraid.”
Follow Up Questions
- Do you remember a time when you did something brave even though you were afraid? How did you do it?
- Why do you think Rafi held Gabi’s hand as she crossed the bridge?
- When did you help somebody do something that they were scared to do?
- Together with a friend, take a risk! Try cooking some new foods with interesting flavors. Take a hike on a slightly more difficult trail.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Try the monkey bars at the playground. Explore a new part of town.
- Though it may not be Purim, read about a very brave boy in The Purim Super Hero.