5 Recipes to Celebrate International Hummus Day
International Hummus Day is coming! This May 13, celebrate by making one of these delicious homemade hummus recipes.
- Israeli Hummus: You know this recipe's an authentic one: It comes straight from the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs!
- Green Hummus: Israeli cookbook author Orly Ziv shares her recipe for authentic Israeli hummus with a green twist that adds lots of parsley and cilantro. "This recipe is the superstar of any culinary tour in Israel," she says.
- Beet Hummus: Food editor Tina Wasserman shares her interpretation of this purple hummus recipe she originally tasted at an upscale restaurant in Tel Aviv.
- Hummus Techina: James Beard Award-Winning Chef Michael Solomonov explains, "Unlike Greek-style hummus, which is heavy on garlic and lemon, Israeli hummus is about the marriage of chickpeas and techina."
- Jerusalem Hummus: Says Solomonov of this second recipe, "This typically refers to hummus that is garnished with hot, spiced ground beef, often with the addition of pine nuts." Yum!
Do you have a favorite hummus recipe? Let us know what you'll be eating this weekend to celebrate!