Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
We often make lots of mini-muffins, dividing the batter into bowls and filling different batches with a variety of optional mix-ins. Chopped plums are my family's favorite! This recipe can also be baked in round cake pans and iced for a flavorful layer cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Add flour and bananas, in parts alternately, mixing between each addition.
- Add baking powder and vanilla. Add chocolate chips or fruit, if desired.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 to the top. Bake until golden brown (check at 12-15 minutes) and toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 2 dozen regular-sized muffins
Jan Rood-Ojalvo has longstanding ties to Congregation M'kor Shalom and the Katz JCC, both in Cherry Hill, NJ. Jan, who lives with her husband Steve in Haddonfield, NJ, loves baking, traveling, opera, and staying in touch with her six children – and two granddaughters.
Go Bananas with Jan's Tips
- Batter may be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to one week. Bake the perfect number of fresh muffins to enjoy each day.
- To bake these muffins on a whim, peel, mash, and freeze ripe bananas in a 2 cup container. Then defrost to bake any time!