The Best Brisket Ever
Makes 6 to 8 servings
4 pound brisket
2 packages onion soup mix, crushed
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup hot water
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
dash of Tabasco sauce
4 carrots, sliced
4 large potatoes, sliced
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Place brisket, fat side up, in roasting pan.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients and pour over meat.
- Arrange carrots and potatoes around pan with mushrooms atop roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 4 hours.
- Allow meat to cool; slice and arrange in a heatproof serving dish. Reheat before serving.