Famie's Classic Latkes
A latke for the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah Chanukkah
1 Idaho potato
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup matzah meal or flour
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potato and grate on large cut-box grater or grate in processor.
- Rinse grated potato in cold water and squeeze dry.
- Whisk egg in bowl. Mix egg, potato, onion, parsley, matzah meal or flour, salt and pepper.
- In sauce pan, heat oil and spoon in latkes to desired size. Sauté until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove from pan, draining latkes on paper grocery bag covered with paper towel to absorb excess oil.