Mustard Battered Chicken
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon salt (I use garlic salt)
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons mustard (I use honey mustard)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons baking powder
3 chicken breasts
oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the mustard, water, and 1/3 cup of the flour mixture.
- Mix the baking powder into the flour mixture.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts and cut into strips.
- Use one hand to roll the chicken strip into the batter mixture and use the other hand to roll the battered chicken strip into the flour mixture.
- Place the finished strip on a cutting board (or aluminum foil/ parchment paper) and continue with the other strips.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry in batches of 4 to 5 strips for 10 to 15 minutes (the internal temperature should be 165 degrees).