1 package yeast
1 cup warm water
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup melted margarine
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
- Soften yeast in warm water; add eggs and margarine.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Take dough mixture out of refrigerator and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured board. If dough is sticky, add flour as needed.
- Cut in half for 2 loaves. Braid or put into two greased loaf pans.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in a preheated oven 425° for about 20 minutes. Lower temperature to 325° for about 15 minutes or until browned on top.