Tu BiShvat Fruit and Nut Cups
Cook Time: 30min | Makes 24 servings
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup pecans
1 cup dates
1 cup apricots (or your choice of dried fruit, such as apples, cranberries, etc.)
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup sugar
2 extra large eggs
- In a food processor, chop the nuts, dates and apricots with quick on/off pulses until the fruits and nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Place the chopped fruit and nuts in a bowl and blend in the sugar and raisins.
- Beat the eggs and add to the fruits and nuts. Mix well.
- Thoroughly grease a mini-cupcake tin.
- Fill the muffin tins level with the pan. Do not overfill or the fruit may burn.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let cool and carefully remove the fruit and nut cups. You will need to loosen them by running a small sharp knife around the edges.
Nore: This recipe will fill two mini-cupcake tins, to yield 24 fruit and nut cups..