Don't toss that leftover Thanksgiving turkey carcass! Turn leftover turkey into a satisfying turkey vegetable noodle soup.
- Leave carrots, celery, and onion whole.
- Boil all of the ingredients together [not the noodles]. Once the onions, carrots, and celery are soft, remove them, cut into small chunks, and add back to the soup.
- Remove the carcass, peel off the meat, and add it back to the soup.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Cook the noodles in the soup, or separately.
- Add cooked noodles to each bowl and serve.
Note: Split peas and [pre-soaked] dried beans may be added to stock while cooking, if desired. You can also add corn and tomatoes, and even leftover stuffing to the stock.
Reprinted with permission from Palate Pleasers by the former Women's Auxiliary of Hebrew SeniorLife (then Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged in Boston).