2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup honey
4 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups shredded sweet potatoes
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup snipped prunes
1/3 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt (tube) pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and oil. Add honey. Add egg yolks one at a time. Mix in potatoes, carrots, nuts and prunes. Alternately beat in dry ingredients and hot water.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold stiffly beaten egg whites in to the batter.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes, until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, then remove from pan.