Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Matzah Squares
These make for an amazing Passover treat! If peanuts don't conform to your Passover minhag (custom), try using almond butter in this recipe instead.
- Sift the powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to combine 1 cup peanut butter and the Earth Balance. (If too thick for mixer, use your hands).
- Add the powdered sugar in 1/2 a cup at a time. When thoroughly combined, add the matzah meal and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Combine well.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 baking pan, and spoon in the mixture. Press it down firmly so it is even.
- Melt together the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour it over the top and spread it out evenly. Place in the refrigerator to set (at least an hour).
- Cut into squares and serve.
Lisa Dawn Angerame is living as a vegan for her family's health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet. She blogs at LisasProjectVegan.com.