This Week's Torah Portion
The Eternal One spoke to Moses, saying: "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: If any men or women explicitly utter a nazirite’s vow, to set themselves apart for the Eternal, they shall abstain from wine and any other intoxicant." - Numbers 6:1-2
Take a Census
When/ 14 Sivan 5783
A Taste of Judaism ®
This engaging class on Jewish spirituality, ethics, and community is designed for the curious beginner. Individuals from all faith backgrounds are welcome. You don’t have to be Jewish to be curious. We ask you to register so we can save you a seat!
Introduction to Judaism
Learn the fundamentals of Jewish thought and practice in 16-20 weeks. This course is perfect for interfaith couples, those from different faith backgrounds considering conversion, and Jews looking for an adult-level introduction.
Familiarity with Hebrew reading and common words can be a key to feeling comfortable in Jewish community and congregational life. Find a Hebrew course offered by a congregation near you or register for Learn to Read Hebrew for Adults, our online course.
Find a Congregation Near You
Find connection, community, learning, and spirituality at a welcome Reform congregation near you.
Subscribe to Ten Minutes of Torah
Sign up to get an email each day on a topic of Jewish interest.
Answers to Jewish Questions
- Which part of the Torah portion is chanted on Shabbat each week?
- Is writing on the side bar of my Hebrew Bible book forbidden?
- I know that there is a prohibition against erasing the name of God. Given today's technology, how is that prohibition being interpreted?
- Can I convert to Judaism without learning Hebrew?
- Does listening to a podcast count as study? Is it OK to say the blessing if I’m listening to commentary without reading or hearing the Torah portion?