Little Things You Can Do to “Pesadik” Your Classroom or Home
Here are some ideas you can use to give your class or home that holiday feeling:
- Put unbreakable Pesach ritual objects (seder plate, Kiddush cup, etc) in the play housekeeping area along with play matzah and empty boxes of kosher for Passover food. A new set of play dishes can be provided just for Passover use.
- Use small plastic frogs for counting and sorting.
- Have little people, plastic domestic animals and tents available for wandering through the sand box or sand table.
- Provide cups that float and little waterproof babies to go in them for water play.
- Let children try their hand at pyramid building with Legos, Duplos or other building materials. Children can also break and use matzah pieces to build pyramids.
- Adapt puppets to portray Pharaoh, Moses, Aaron and Miriam, or for dramatic play.
- Put out a suitcase and encourage children to pack things that they would take if they had to leave home in a hurry.
- Have head scarves and robes suitable for desert wear and sheets to make tents available for dress up and role playing.
- Provide white modeling dough for pretend matzah making with brown markers to make the surface design you see in real matzah.