Make an Apple into a Honey Bowl
apple bowl for honey
What could be a better way to serve honey on Rosh HaShanah than inside an apple? How appropriate! Read on for instructions on how to make this little fruit bowl and then how to hold a honey tasting for the new year.
A washed apple
- Remove the core of the apple and hollow out the sides, being careful not to cut through the sides or bottom.
- Rub lemon juice on the cut inside to keep it from turning brown.
- Fill the apple with honey and place it in the center of a plate. Surround your apple honey dish with lemon juice sprinkled apple slices for dipping.
- Set out dishes of different varieties of honey, like clover, poplar, wildflower, blueberry and orange blossom.
- Have apples and challah pieces ready for dipping.
- After sampling, let everyone pick their favorite. For a graphing project, make a graph of the results.