How can I celebrate Tu BiSh’vat at home?
Tu BiSh’vat is the “New Year of the Trees," and it's a wonderful holiday to celebrate at home.
- Treat your home to a new plant or two. Children enjoy planting seeds and watching new plants grow.
- At bedtime, read a book about trees with your children.
- Start a window-sill herb garden or counter-top composter.
- Let Tu BiSh’vat be the impetus to reduce, reuse, recycle.
- A Tu BiSh’vat seder is a traditional, fun and easy way to celebrate the holiday.
- Going to a Tu BiSh'vat seder? Bring a delicious dish incorporating the traditional foods of Tu BiSh’vat.