I created this recipe for people who are sensitive or allergic to dairy products and gluten. If you do not have those food intolerances, this tartlet is also delicious made with regular cream cheese, dairy cream, and a graham cracker crust. Either way, enjoy!
- Place the cereal in a processor work bowl and pulse on and off until you get a fine crumb.
- Add the sugar and spices to the work bowl and pulse 3 times to combine.
- With the processor running, add the melted fat and process until all the crumbs are moistened and begin to cling together.
- Press the crumbs into 4 four-inch tart tins with removable bottoms or a 9-inch pie plate. Place in freezer for 10 minutes while you preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Meanwhile add the cream cheese substitute and sugar into a clean processor work bowl and process until cream cheese is smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and process for 3 minutes stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once to create a smooth batter.
- Place the prepared pans or pie plate in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and fill the pan(s) with the prepared filling.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes for tartlets and 25-30 minutes for a pie.
- Serve chilled, plain or with fresh fruit topping.