3/4 cup margarine, softened but not melted
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pie filling, such as prune, poppy seed, lemon, etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg and beat well with mixer.
- Stir in orange juice and vanilla and blend.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend well. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll cold dough on floured board and cut into 3 inch rounds with cookie cutters.
- Place one teaspoon of filling in center of each round, pinch side up to form triangle. Seal well.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets about 10-12 minutes.
Note: Keep dough refrigerated when not using. After cutting rounds, refrigerate before filling and pinching.