These Passover popovers are good served warm with butter, and they're great for making kosher-for-Passover "sandwiches" with tuna, or whatever filling you like.
1 1/2 cups of water
1/2 cup of oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups matzah cake meal
- Combine water and oil, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in the dry ingredients until it pulls away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until well blended. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan, and fill the cups.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until brown and puffy. Remove from oven and turn out onto a towel to cool.