Headed to your congregation's Independence Day-themed Shabbat oneg? Brighten your holiday buffet and celebrate Old Glory with this festive, healthy dessert. Kids will love helping to assemble it!
Looking for more ways to incorporate your Jewish-American identity into your Fourth of July celebration? Read more about one Jewish family's unique tradition and consider adapting it to make it your own.
- In a 9 x 11-inch pan, create the flag's red and white stripes with alternating rows of sliced strawberries and bananas, leaving an empty square in the top left-hand corner.
- Pour the blueberries into the square.
- Place cherries across the rows of strawberries.
- Following the directions on the box, prepare the clear vegan gel.
- Pour the gel over the entire fruit flag. To set, refrigerate several hours or overnight.