My mother's potato latkes are the best and she makes them vegan now. This recipe is based on one from her friend Roz, who says that the key is to make them ahead of time, freeze them, and then put them in the oven frozen. They come out great every time and are always the centerpiece of the party! Serve with homemade applesauce.
- Whip up the flax eggs and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and place them and the onions into the food processor. Chop them as fine as possible.
- Pour into a strainer and press out as much of the water as possible.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the onions and potatoes.
- Fry up in safflower oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and then freeze.
- When ready to serve, bake in a 450° oven until hot.
Looking for more holiday dishes to round out your menu? Find additional recipes for a festive Hanukkah.
Lisa Dawn Angerame is living as a vegan for her family's health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet. She blogs at LisasProjectVegan.com.