Try this colorful variation on traditional Hanukkah latkes.
- Whip up the flax egg. Set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and grate them using a box grater. Place them in a dish towel and wring out as much of the water as possible.
- Cut the onion into chunks and chop in food processor. Mix the onions into the sweet potatoes, add the flax egg, flour and salt.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil on high setting. Use an ice cream scoop to drop small mounds of the mixture into the skillet. Press down gently with a spatula and cook until the first side is nicely done. Flip over and cook well on the other side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with vegan sour cream and applesauce.
Looking for more holiday dishes to round out your menu? Find additional recipes for a festive Hanukkah.
Lisa Dawn Angerame is living as a vegan for her family's health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet. She blogs at LisasProjectVegan.com.