This recipe is from the Garden City Jewish Center's cookbook: Sharing Our Favorites.
Good friends of ours made this as part of a delightful Shabbat lunch in Jerusalem...perfect for a summer day.
- Seed 1 cup watermelon chunks and cut into small dice.
- Purée remianing watermelon in blender or food processor, in batches if necessary. Pour purée through a medium mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing on solids; discard solids.
- Blend juice with ice, almonds, and garlic, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Add bread, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste and blend.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until smooth.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with diced watermelon.
Note: You can omit the ice cubes and put in in less oil.