Parents and kids can work together to make these pretty lanterns, perfect for decorating your sukkah during Sukkot. Ages 3 - 10.
White and colored paper
- Decorate the paper.
- Fold the paper in half lengthwise.
- With the fold on your right, cut from right to left, leaving 1-inch uncut at the left-hand side. Your cuts should be at 1-inch intervals.
- Unfold the paper. This time, fold the paper into a cylinder - so the paper is standing horizontally. Staple it closed.
- Add a thin strip of paper to the top so it can hang in your Sukkah!
- Older kids can cut the lantern first and then decorate it. When the decoration is done, staple it closed.
- For a more vibrant Sukkah, make your lanterns in different colors and sizes.