Most of the Rosh HaShanah liturgy and ritual takes place in a synagogue or communal prayer environment, but there is also a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the Jewish New Year in your home. Here you will find blessings for home rituals during the Rosh HaShanah holiday. Lighting candles, offering thanks for sweetness and sustenance, and celebrating the cycle of life we travel each year while around a table with family and friends can add richness to your Holy Day observance.
- Blessing for Lighting the Candles at the beginning of Rosh HaShanah
- Blessing over the Children
- Kiddush for Rosh HaShanah Evening
- Blessing over Apples and Honey for a Sweet New Year
- Hamotzi - Blessing over the Bread