As evidenced by M'gillat Esther, the Jewish people have a long history with India. Here’s an easy and delicious Indian dish you can make to serve at your Purim meal. Serve it alone, over rice, or atop a salad.
14 oz. extra firm tofu
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp curry powder
½ tsp red chili powder
¼ tsp tumeric
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Drain tofu well. I placed it in a colander with a bowl below to catch the liquid and a bowl atop it to squeeze out the excess water. I let it sit like that for 20 minutes.
- After draining the water, cut the tofu into cubes. I got about 30 pieces.
- Combine spices, lemon juice and oil.
- Put tofu into the bag and pour the marinade atop. Toss to make sure tofu cubes are well coated. Remove the air out and seal the bag and marinate it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Grease a baking sheet lightly, place the tofu pieces on and bake it for25-30 minutes, turning once half way through.
- Raise heat to broil and broil for another 8-10 minutes.