The walnuts in this sweet kugel give it great texture, and the quinoa flakes add just the right amount of moisture. Peel, process, mix, bake. Done!
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast them for 5 to 7 minutes. When they are done, toss into the food processor and process until fine.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add it to the quinoa flakes. Let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, carrots, and apples and place them in a food processor and process until fine.
- In a bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, walnuts, raisins, matzah meal, quinoa flakes, brown sugar, and salt.
- Press into a baking dish (don't make it too thick) and crumble a pinch of brown sugar over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes to an hour or until crisp on top and around the edges.
Lisa Dawn Angerame is living as a vegan for her family's health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet. She blogs at LisasProjectVegan.com.