Love chocolate chip cookies? Make them every softer and more delectable with a little bit of sour cream. This recipe comes from the 2018 campers at URJ Points Creative Arts Academy, a Reform Jewish summer camp in West Chester, PA.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream, egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Want to know more about Jewish summer camp? Read "6 Powerful Reasons to Send Your Child to Jewish Summer Camp," then find the right camp for your family by searching our youth program directory.