Rabbi Yehudit Werchow
Faculty, Israel Engagement, Union for Reform Judaism
Parashat Matot, Numbers 30:2–32:42
- Moses explains to the Israelites the laws concerning vows made by men and women. (30:2–17)
- Israel wages war against the Midianites. (31:1–18)
- The laws regarding the spoils of war are outlined. (31:19–54)
- The tribes of Reuben and Gad are granted permission to stay on the east bank of the Jordan River. (32:1–42)
- What does this Torah portion teach us about how we can constructively resolve disagreements over important issues?
- What should be the connection between the Jewish people and the Jewish State?