These soft, seasoned potatoes are a Shabbat favorite at URJ Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (OSRUI), a Reform Jewish summer camp in Oconomowoc, WI. Pair them with a protein and a green veggie for a complete and delicious meal.
Small red potatoes
Citrus grill seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice red potatoes thin. At camp, Chef Lisa uses a mandolin slicer, but a sharp knife will do.
- Coat with olive oil and season with citrus grill seasoning. Toss to coat all potatoes well.
- Spray a cookie sheet or baking pan with cooking spray, and layer the potatoes in the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Potatoes are done when they are fork-soft.
- Toss once more and place in a serving dish for your Shabbat dinner table.