These make for an amazing Passover treat! If peanuts don't conform to your Passover , try using almond butter in this recipe instead.
1 1/4 cup organic natural peanut butter (room temperature)
4 tablespoons Earth Balance (1/2 stick, softened)
1 cup vegan powdered sugar
1 cup of matzah meal (approx 3 sheets processed)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Sift the powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to combine 1 cup peanut butter and the Earth Balance. (If too thick for mixer, use your hands).
- Add the powdered sugar in 1/2 a cup at a time. When thoroughly combined, add the matzah meal and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Combine well.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 baking pan, and spoon in the mixture. Press it down firmly so it is even.
- Melt together the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour it over the top and spread it out evenly. Place in the refrigerator to set (at least an hour).
- Cut into squares and serve.