At URJ Camp Harlam in Kunkletown, PA, Rosanne “Bubbio” Selfon is something of a legend. In 2018, a teaching kitchen at camp was named in her honor, where campers eagerly await the chance to learn new recipes and techniques for baking and cooking.
This recipe from Bubbio is a fresh, delicious complement to any meal.
- In a small skillet, slowly melt half the sugar, add almonds, stir until coated, and cool.
- Break cooled almonds into small pieces and set aside.
- In a jar, combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, and the rest of the sugar to make the dressing. Shake well.
- Just before serving, combine lettuce, almonds, oranges, and onions in a salad bowl.
- Shake the dressing over the salad and toss together.