1 Idaho potato
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup matzah meal or flour
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potato and grate on large cut-box grater or grate in processor.
- Rinse grated potato in cold water and squeeze dry.
- Whisk egg in bowl. Mix egg, potato, onion, parsley, matzah meal or flour, salt and pepper.
- In sauce pan, heat oil and spoon in latkes to desired size. Sauté until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove from pan, draining latkes on paper grocery bag covered with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Looking for more holiday dishes to round out your menu? Find additional recipes for a festive Hanukkah.