Lag BaOmer is a festive day of outdoor celebration. Especially in Israel, many people celebrate with picnics and barbecues and use bonfires to symbolize the light of Torah.
You don’t need to be in Israel to celebrate this festive day the Israeli way. Here are the top recipes on ReformJudaism.org that you can use at your own festive and delicious Lag BaOmer picnic or barbecue. Of course, you'll need to be safe this year, making sure to continue to socially distance as appropriate, but if you're celebrating with family or other vaccinated friends, here are some recipes you're sure to love.
- Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce and Orange Slices
- Grilled Chicken Breasts with Sofrito
- Shishlik (Meat Kebabs)
- Moroccan Chicken Kebabs
- Grilled Fish with Spice Rub
- BBQ Tempeh Kebabs
Sides and Snacks
- Pasta with Salsa Cruda
- Ottoman Watermelon and Olive Salad
- Persian Nan o Paneer (Bread with Cheese)
- Herb Salad with Feta Cheese, Halvah, and Green Almonds
- Israeli Salad
If you like to cook, eat, and talk about food, try The Jewish Dish! Sign up for ReformJudaism.org’s monthly food email for recipes, fun food facts, holiday tidbits, and more - all with a Jewish twist. Delish!