When Is Lech L'cha Read?
- Abram, Sarai, and Lot go to Canaan. (12:1-9)
- Famine takes them to Egypt, where Abram identifies Sarai as his sister in order to save his life. (12:10-20)
- Abram and Lot separate. Lot is taken captive, and Abram rescues him. (13:1-14:24)
- Abram has a son, Ishmael, with his Egyptian maidservant, Hagar. (16:1-16)
- God establishes a covenant with Abram. The sign of this covenant is circumcision on the eighth day following a male baby's birth. (17:1-27)
Ten Minutes of Torah: Lech L'cha Commentary
Parashat Lech L’cha is the beginning of the story of the Jewish people.
As we see Abram and Sarai set out from Charan after an encounter with the Divine, we understand just how much first moments set the tone and direction of our days, even when we are not going on a physical journey like our...Continue Reading