In the Beginning
When Is B'reishit Read?
/ 29 Tishri 5784
/ 24 Tishri 5785
/ 26 Tishri 5786
- God creates the world and everything in it in six days and rests on the seventh. (1:1-2:3)
- Adam and Eve are placed in the Garden of Eden, where they eat the forbidden fruit and are subsequently exiled. (2:15-3:24)
- Adam and Eve have two sons, Cain and Abel. Cain kills his brother, Abel. (4:1-24)
- Adam and Eve have another child named Seth. The Torah lists the ten generations from Adam to Noah. (4:25-5:32)
- God regrets having created human beings and decides to destroy everything on earth, but Noah finds favor with God. (6:5-6:8)
More B'reishit Commentaries
Learn More About Parashat B'reishit with BimBam
Parshat B'reishit: Listen Up
Listen to Podcasts About B'reishit
Listen to Rabbi Rick Jacobs discuss Parashat B'reishit in these episodes of his podcast, On the Other Hand: Ten Minutes of Torah.