[You] Shall Further Instruct
When Is T'tzaveh Read?
/ 15 Adar I 5784
/ 8 Adar 5785
/ 11 Adar 5786
- The children of Israel are commanded to bring pure olive oil for the ner tamid "a constantly burning light," above the sanctuary. (27:20-21)
- Aaron and his sons, Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar, are chosen to serve as priests. (28:1)
- God instructs Moses to make special clothes for the priests. (28:2-43)
- Aaron and his sons are ordained in a seven-day ceremony (29:1-29:46)
- Aaron is commanded to burn incense on an acacia altar every morning and evening. (30:1-10)
More T'tzaveh Commentaries
Learn More About Parshat T'tzaveh With Bim Bam
Parashat Tetzaveh: Priestly Gold is the New Black
Listen to Podcasts About Parashat T'tzaveh
Listen to Rabbi Rick Jacobs discuss Parashat T'tzaveh in these episodes of his podcast, On the Other Hand: Ten Minutes of Torah.
Let Your Eternal Light Shine Through
Does Our Clothing Show Our Identity?
Ten Minutes of Torah: T'tzaveh Commentary
Splitting like a Fig
By: Jonathan K. Crane
We often encounter paradoxes in life, things that appear to be mutually incompatible. Paradoxes sometimes appear in the unlikeliest places, and they deserve our close attention, like the one hiding in this week's parashah.Continue Reading